Modern stair lifts are safe and reliable home appliances when used correctly. All models of stair lifts are equipped with different systems to operate completely safely, but you should also have some caution and common sense every time you use them (MONTASCALE PER DISABILI).
We have made a small list of some basic tips for the correct operation of a stair lift , but in any case before any problem you can consult your doubts.
BEFORE putting the stair lift into operation:
- Do not use the stair lift while the ladder is in use by other people .
- Make sure that the ladder is clear of obstructions before use.
- Make sure your pets (dogs, cats …) are out of danger before operating the stair lift. It is worth trying to train them to stay away from the stairs when the stair lift is in use.
- When using the stair lift, sit on the seat with your arms resting on the armrests and your feet resting on the footrest.
- Fasten your seatbelt before starting the stair lift. The feeling of security in the operation causes that sometimes we forget it.
- Make sure that loose clothing does not obstruct the stair lift mechanism before use. Items such as scarves, long skirts or blankets may get caught and prevent proper operation of the stair lift.
DURING the operation of the stairlift:
- Do not allow any liquid to come into contact with the stair lift components. If you have to transport liquids, you must do so carefully, preferably using a container with a lid. Special caution should be taken with hot liquids such as coffee or soups.
- Stairlifts are designed to transport one person at a time . Never try to take more than one person on the stair lift, nor children.
- Do not exceed the maximum weight limit of your stair lift. This limit will be specified in the user’s manual.
- Do not use the stair lift to transport heavy or bulky objects such as large packages or furniture down the stairs. These items can easily fall off the stair lift and cause damage or injury.
GENERAL SAFETY TIPS
- Do not allow children to play with or on the stair lift.
- Remove the immobilizer key when the stair lift is not in use if there is a risk of children playing or manipulating it.
- Make sure that proper maintenance is carried out ( at Bidea we provide ) of the stair lift to guarantee its prolonged use.
- Stop using the stair lift if any of the safety features stop working, if it begins to behave strangely, or if you notice any signs of wear . If it happens, call us and we will solve the problem.
- If the stair lift does not work properly, do not try to fix it yourself. You should always get qualified assistance to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Although it is very unlikely that the stair lift will be stopped while it is in use, it may be useful to bring a mobile phone (or alarm call pendant) with you to call for assistance.
Cold, dry, humid environments … there are certain typical factors of winter that can make your feet go bad. For this we have devised a series of tips that will alleviate the negative effects of this season and that will allow your feet to enjoy the winter magic.
Follow these practical tips and be consistent in these rituals that will not take more than five minutes in your day to day. We tell you everything you need to know so that your feet are hydrated and remain soft and healthy at this time of year.
Hydration to the maximum
The skin is a powerful physical barrier against external agents, in addition, in winter is the undisputed protagonist when talking about foot care. Make yourself with a good moisturizer and apply it every night, a refreshing and frothing type as well as moisturizing, it will help you to fight against dryness and cracking, constant factors at this time of year. Disappear and start your ritual today!
Choose the right shoes
A good footwear is essential for your feet in any season of the year but, in winter, this is a must not forget. If you are going to run, choose some suitable sports that ventilate and that have a good cushioning. Protect your feet from the cold with a good inner lining and always choose quality materials. To be able to be of skin. On the other hand, if you want to wear heels to work remember to moisturize the foot well and try them before so they do not make annoying chafing. If you want to walk to your work but do not want to give up your stilettos you can take a pair of sports shoes in a bag and combine the shoes on your way. We offer you quality shoes with the best materials to take maximum care of your foot.
Do not forget your nails
The fact that in winter we keep our feet more sheltered does not mean that we do not have to take care of our nails (pomada antiinflamatória unha encravada) as they deserve. Get yourself a good pedicure set and take it wherever you go. Remember to make a straight and clean cut taking special care with the corner of the nail as if it adheres to the skin it can cause pain. Paint your nails with trendy polish and bright colors. Remember that there are certain special occasions in which you can still use sandals despite being in winter and, therefore, your nails should always be ready.
Before sleeping, during your nocturnal hydration ritual, massage your feet and give them the care they need after a long winter day. The most optimal thing is to give circular massages contrary to the hands of the clock. Press with the thumb the plant from the fingers to the heel. Also try to put them on high while you read or watch TV to improve your circulation after a long day standing.
Natural fiber socks
To protect the feet from the cold there is nothing better than good socks but, beware, remember that the material is very important. The best thing, for winter, is the natural fiber that does not damage the feet or cause roughness. Wool, for example, is a great material that keeps feet warm without causing damage to the circulation or tightening too much.
Now that you have everything ready to walk with panache and integrity, choose a good model of footwear and enjoy the winter season. Remember that in our stores we will always be available to help and advise you in your choice with a fully customized assistance.