Modern stair lifts are safe and reliable home appliances when used correctly. All models of stair lifts are equipped with different systems to operate completely safely, but you should also have some caution and common sense every time you use them (MONTASCALE PER DISABILI).
We have made a small list of some basic tips for the correct operation of a stair lift , but in any case before any problem you can consult your doubts.
BEFORE putting the stair lift into operation:
- Do not use the stair lift while the ladder is in use by other people .
- Make sure that the ladder is clear of obstructions before use.
- Make sure your pets (dogs, cats …) are out of danger before operating the stair lift. It is worth trying to train them to stay away from the stairs when the stair lift is in use.
- When using the stair lift, sit on the seat with your arms resting on the armrests and your feet resting on the footrest.
- Fasten your seatbelt before starting the stair lift. The feeling of security in the operation causes that sometimes we forget it.
- Make sure that loose clothing does not obstruct the stair lift mechanism before use. Items such as scarves, long skirts or blankets may get caught and prevent proper operation of the stair lift.
DURING the operation of the stairlift:
- Do not allow any liquid to come into contact with the stair lift components. If you have to transport liquids, you must do so carefully, preferably using a container with a lid. Special caution should be taken with hot liquids such as coffee or soups.
- Stairlifts are designed to transport one person at a time . Never try to take more than one person on the stair lift, nor children.
- Do not exceed the maximum weight limit of your stair lift. This limit will be specified in the user’s manual.
- Do not use the stair lift to transport heavy or bulky objects such as large packages or furniture down the stairs. These items can easily fall off the stair lift and cause damage or injury.
GENERAL SAFETY TIPS
- Do not allow children to play with or on the stair lift.
- Remove the immobilizer key when the stair lift is not in use if there is a risk of children playing or manipulating it.
- Make sure that proper maintenance is carried out ( at Bidea we provide ) of the stair lift to guarantee its prolonged use.
- Stop using the stair lift if any of the safety features stop working, if it begins to behave strangely, or if you notice any signs of wear . If it happens, call us and we will solve the problem.
- If the stair lift does not work properly, do not try to fix it yourself. You should always get qualified assistance to perform maintenance and repairs.
- Although it is very unlikely that the stair lift will be stopped while it is in use, it may be useful to bring a mobile phone (or alarm call pendant) with you to call for assistance.