Is it the end of the housing market depression? This theory is defended by the General Council of Notaries, which in its latest statistics notes that the sale of homes grew by 39.8% in February compared to last year, while the price has increased by 0.6%. If with these data, you are one of those who dare to sell your house, you should have avoid some mistakes that are usually made to put it on sale. we tell you some tips to sell your house quickly:
- Do not put a sale price too high. In addition to the buyer knowing that prices move in the area or locality, a property with a high value will remain for a long time with the ‘Sell’ sign. Then, the future buyer will say: “It will be for something”. The current situation of the market forces to constantly lower prices, although the starting point is lower than the average value of the properties in the area we buy home.
- Do not cheat when advertising your home. In your desire to “I need to sell my house”, you may be tempted to present it with photos touched by the wonderful Photoshop and describe it as an earthly paradise. What do you get? Generate frustration in the potential buyer. Your worst counselor will be a client who feels cheated. Be honest and it will be easier for you to capture the attention and time of your clients.
- Do not demonize the real estate agencies. What do I want the help of an agency for? It is a frequent question of people who want to buy a house in Barcelona. We give you some reasons to trust a real estate agent:
- They are professionals who know the prices of the housing market.
- Advise on the profile of the buyer of the area
- They know the degree of interest or involvement of the buyer in the property.
- Lack of visual information. It would be the opposite of point 2. In this case, it would be by default. Your Sabadell apartment needs renovation and is not fully equipped. Therefore, you omit to put photos in the advertisement of your real estate portal. The result will be a new moment of frustration for the client. Your intention is to sell a house. Therefore, our advice is that you highlight the positive aspects, but do not hide the negatives either.
- Concert the visit with the empty floor. If you quote a potential buyer of your property and you meet your family, the dog hanging around the house and the cleaning lady, you may not see that this could be your future home. Psychologically, you will notice that you are invading the privacy of some people. Your goal should be that the visitor feels at home as what will be in the future: your home.
These are five tips that we believe you should avoid if you want to sell your house. If you can think of any other or want to comment on any of the ones we have listed, we look forward to your contributions.